Barclaycard rolled out a new version of the card formerly know as the Barclaycard Arrival. The new Arrival+ card retains most of the benefits of the old card but introduces a few new features to make it even better of a travel card. As I’ve written in the past the Barclaycard Arrival is one of my favorite cash back travel cards because it earns 2.2% cash back on all purchases, that cash back can then be spent to redeem for travel expenses.
Let’s take a look at some of the new features of the Arrival Plus card from Barclaycard.
The New Arrival+ Card Features
- Chip + Pin technology – This is mainly a feature that can be used in Europe but eventually will become more prevalent in the United States. The chip+pin technology in the card adds an easier to use & more secure way to pay when abroad in Europe.
- Longer Point Redemption Windows – Previously you were only able to redeem for travel expenses back 90 days. That has not been extended another month to 120 days giving you more flexibility when redeeming your points.
- Expanded Redemption Travel Categories – Now you are able to redeem your travel points for Buses, Taxis, Limos, Campgrounds, Trailer Parks, Timeshares, Tourist Attractions and Exhibits, International railway. More on the Tourist Attractions and Exhibits in a bit.
Those are the biggest new features about the card which makes it an even better option for your travel. As a reminder the current features of the card are not changing:
- 40,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of opening the card
- Annual fee waived the first year
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the card
- Get a 10% rebate when you redeem points for travel expenses
- Points never expire as long as your account is open
One interesting new category listed in the redemption options is tourist attractions and exhibits. I have a message out to Barclaycard to see if Disney park tickets would be included but it’s my hunch that Disney park tickets & money spent in the parks will be eligible for travel redemptions. If this is the case this could be a huge way to save a almost $500 on your next Disney vacation for any expense.
After hitting the spend requirement you’ll have a minimum of 46,000 points in your account which is worth about $460 towards any travel expense. With those points you could redeem for:
- Magic Your Way Tickets
- Rental Cars
- Hotel rooms
- Flights to Orlando
- Food in the parks
- + much more
With these positive changes the Arrival+ card retains its status as one of the best travel cash back credit cards on the market. The flexibility of the point earning ability as well as the expanded redemption options make this card even more valuable for using on your Disney vacation. Apply for the Arrival Plus card here.