Today Disney announced a new extended park ticket discount for active and retired military members. Unfortunately the price is going up slightly compared to the current military discount but these 4 day park hopper passes are still an amazing deal. Here is a look at the new prices which take effect August 24th and run through September 30th, 2015.
Active and retired U.S. military personnel (which includes members of the Coast Guard) can purchase:
- 4-Day park tickets with the park hopping option for $177+tax.
- 4-Day park tickets with the water park fun and more option for $177+tax.
- 4-Day park tickets with the park hopper and water park fun and more options for $207+tax.
Tickets can be used starting on September 28, 2014 and must be used by October 3, 2015. Blackout dates to apply to these tickets, they are from December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015 and March 29 – April 9, 2015.
There is a current Disney Military park ticket discount which will be expiring on September 24th and is a slightly better deal. This new deal raises the park ticket prices by $8 and by $9 for the hopper+water park option.
Even with the price increase it still is an amazing offer for military members. To purchase the discounted tickets you can call Disney at 407-939-7830 or check out your military base ticket offices.
Here are some other details you should know about (from the Disney Parks Blog):
- Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
- “Eligible Service Members” are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- The actual prices charged at the individual U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
- Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
- Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort are not valid until activated by the Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows. Tickets and options expire and may not be used after October 3, 2015. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
- No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
- Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.
I cannot believe that disney does not offer veterans who have fought in wars for our country such as my father in law,my father, who fought in World War II, and my son who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan who are no longer active military nor retired from military do not get military discounts, We had a disneyworld trip planned before even knowing about the military discounts, but when checking things out on disney websites and found all this out, we cancelled our trip. I certainly am very disappointed in Disney and so is all of our family. Sincerely, Sharon McMahon
Hi Sharon – The Disney Military discounts are extended to both active and retired military members. You should just have to show proof that they are retired military and you should be eligible for the military discounts.
My husband was a Captain in army reserves during Desert Storm when is passed away. Am i illegible from military discount? He was an active member at the time. Thank You